HVAC Tune-Up Checklists: What Does It Consist Of?
Maintaining your HVAC equipment in good working condition can help you save money and time. It can also save your sanity. Assume you are relaxing in your warm home in the dead of winter, and at the same time, your heat pump fails. Such situations can be stressful and time-consuming to scramble to search for reliable HVAC service in Apple Valley, CA before you go through the discomfort of a malfunction.
Why should you maintain your HVAC system?
The HVAC tune-up checklist addresses the necessary maintenance care your heating and air conditioning in Apple Valley, CA, requires each year. HVAC maintenance serves many purposes, including:
- Assists the HVAC unit to operate at higher energy efficiency, saving money on energy bills.
- Improves the performance of an AC and heating system for better indoor air quality.
- Fixes the minor issues to help avoid failures during the changing season.
- Ensures the security of the HVAC appliances and reduces air quality risks.
- Assists in extending the service life of heating and cooling systems
HVAC tune-up checklist
A comprehensive HVAC tune-up checklist should include the following services:
- Analysis of thermostat settings – Your thermostat settings must keep your space comfy when you are available to enjoy it and change to store energy when you are not.
- Check the electrical connections – Connections should be sleek, and voltage or current readings should help indicate this.
- Lubrication – Lubrication cuts down resistance and facilitates energy conservation.
- Inspection of the condensate drain – The HVAC professional should check the condensate to ensure it is not clogged or thwarted.
- Review other general operations – A technician should ensure that the system starts, runs, and shuts down properly.
- Checking the outdoor unit – Debris and grime should be cleaned and removed from around the outdoor HVAC unit.
- Checking the fan – The HVAC technician should check the motor and blades of the fan to ensure they are not damaged.
- Replacing the air filter – Air filters should be changed on a regular schedule to ensure better airflow and air quality,
In addition to the points mentioned above, the air conditioning system should undergo additional maintenance checks.
- Cleaning the coils – It is vital to keep the coils of the evaporator and condenser clean. Because it allows your unit to run more efficiently and will help increase the service life of your system.
- Check the refrigerant level – Having too much or too little refrigerant is often a waste. Help in ensuring proper functioning by maintaining the right refrigerant levels.
- Blower servicing entails adjusting the blower elements to ensure proper airflow. During regular maintenance, the blower should be cleaned.
- Inspect heating elements – For safe handling, oil or gas connections should always be clean and free of blemishes, with no leaks.
Don’t forget to complete your annual HVAC tune-up checklist! Schedule a routine maintenance with Taylor Made Air to give your heating and cooling in Apple Valley, CA, the best service possible. Connect with us at 760-241-0441 to schedule your HVAC tune-up today!